[openrailwaymap] Mapping/importing milestones

Rolf Eike Beer eike at sf-mail.de
Sat Apr 18 22:03:11 MEST 2015

Am Sonntag 12 April 2015, 18:00:36 schrieb JJJ Wegdam:
>>> The milestone import already has it's own wiki section within the ProRail
>>> import wiki.
>> Which is here: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/ProRail_import
> I used links in my e-mail. It seems they didn't reach you?

No, because your mail program miserably fails producing proper text/plain
parts of your HTML mails. It strips the links and the quoting is horrible.

>> Don't forget to run this on a dedicated account
>  Why would I run this on a dedicated account?

Because it makes things much easier to be traced. You can set up a description
page for that user and it will clearly tell what you are doing automatically
and from where. And if you screw up the import your personal account will
likely not be the one that get's blocked ;)

> What would be your opinion on the node placement? Can I just import the
> nodes on the reference ribbon, or are you in favor of nodes per railway
> track?

I tend to follow the "put it on the track" people, but I'm not really a
railway man, just someone who sees some easy stuff to map in some areas I'm
interested in. So my feedback will more be on "how", less on "what".

Eike