[openrailwaymap] Proposal for new Ks signal tagging scheme

Christian Wendel mail at christianwendel.de
Tue Jul 28 23:00:58 MEST 2015

Hi Peter, Michael,
these are a lot of proposals. Mostly, I am not convinced of their
advantage. (Think of me as a heavy Joe Average-Mapper)

But the point to merge combined with main signal types could work. Why?
In fact, any combined signal can be tagged as a main signal also showing
Ks2. But tagging would be lots easier as described. It's lot of work to
change signals from "main" to "combined", if the distant state had
missed. I hate this kind of work.

On the other hand, there a lots of more annoying definitions in OSM
tagging. The current railway tagging works well in most of the cases,
even if many functions are combined on one signal.

Christian
PS: I try to be polite even when opposing proposals.