[openrailwaymap] Rail movement joint/expansion device/Auszugvorrichtung

JJJ Wegdam jwegdam at me.com
Tue Jun 23 00:44:14 MEST 2015

(continuing on the first part of my mail which I already sent by accident)

Additional there are two more joints without the possibility of expansion. We can define:
• metallurgical welds
• glued insulated joints

These links provide the information and graphics from the book:
http://puu.sh/iyZLs/9a7d6ab8e0.jpg
http://puu.sh/iyZMR/e3b874c9bb.jpg
http://puu.sh/iyYSE/c9742ad52a.jpg

More information on the book can be found at http://esveld.com/MRT.html.

Depending on what Michael needs, I advice him to choose expansion joint or expansion device (the difference is in the occurence of a glide plane). I think that "adjustment switch" is too specific for the British situation.

Kind regards,
Jeroen