[openrailwaymap] English word "Loading Gauge Profile Gate"?

Michael Kümmling michael at kuemmling.eu
Fri Mar 18 20:06:23 MET 2016

Hello Michael,

I am not a native speaker,

but I have some hint:

[1, 2] denote two meanings to "loading gauge": 1) profile which must not
be exceeded 2) metal frame above track to mark the limits for loading a
wagon (German "Lademaß")

[1] Alan A. Jackson: The Railway Dictionary, 4th edition, Sutton
Publishing, Stroud 2006, ISBN 0-7509-4218-5.

[2] Mike Smith:  Goods & Not So Goods - An overview of railway freight
operations for modellers,
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/gansg/2-track/02track3.htm

Regards
Micha