[openrailwaymap] [Talk-transit] Tag railway=station on ways and Wiki

Joachim noreply at freedom-x.de
Fri May 20 01:14:19 MEST 2016

I find the restriction of railway=station/halt to a node overly simplistic.
This decision should not be over a "convenient meeting point" or
"hand-tuned centroid". It should be about what's on the ground. A node is
an abstraction of reality and I don't think we should stop here. Every
station occupies some area and I would happily apply the rules of
public_transport=station to railway=station: map the area which is of
interest to passengers.