[openrailwaymap] Harzer Schmalspur Bahn

Rolf Eike Beer eike at sf-mail.de
Wed Apr 22 14:12:51 MEST 2015

Am 22.04.2015 13:46, schrieb robert:
> Dear OpenRailwayMappers,
>
> recently I had a look at the marvellous openrailwaymap. I am astonished
> by the
> many different classes for railway lines. Although commuting everyday
> by train,
> I never imagined so many different track types.
>
> One thing confused me, maybe you can enlighten me. Why is the 9701
> "Brockenbahn" running to the top of the highest peak in the Harz
> mountains
> neither "Schmalspur" nor "Museumsbahn" but a "Überleitgleis". Even more
> confusing,  at some stations the parallel tracks are tagged as
> "Schmalspurbahn" (e.g. Schierke).
>
> According to the website of the "Harzer Schmalspur Bahnen"
> http://www.hsb-wr.de/mehr-erfahren/streckennetz/interaktives-streckennetz/
> the "Brockenbahn" and the "Harzquerbahn" are claimed to be
> "Schmalspurbahnen".

It is also tagged as usage=tourism. The renderer does not highlight any
tracks that have a usage other than main, branch, or industrial. That
means military, tourism, and test are documented, but not rendered.

If you have a github account please file an issue so this does not get
lost.

Greetings,

Eike