[openrailwaymap] Harzer Schmalspur Bahn

Alexander Matheisen AlexanderMatheisen at ish.de
Wed Apr 22 22:59:31 MEST 2015

Hi Robert,

On Mi, 2015-04-22 at 13:46 +0200, robert wrote:
> Dear OpenRailwayMappers,
>
> recently I had a look at the marvellous openrailwaymap. I am astonished by the
> many different classes for railway lines. Although commuting everyday by train,
> I never imagined so many different track types.
>
> One thing confused me, maybe you can enlighten me. Why is the 9701
> "Brockenbahn" running to the top of the highest peak in the Harz mountains
> neither "Schmalspur" nor "Museumsbahn" but a "Überleitgleis". Even more
> confusing,  at some stations the parallel tracks are tagged as
> "Schmalspurbahn" (e.g. Schierke).
>
> According to the website of the "Harzer Schmalspur Bahnen"
> http://www.hsb-wr.de/mehr-erfahren/streckennetz/interaktives-streckennetz/
> the "Brockenbahn" and the "Harzquerbahn" are claimed to be "Schmalspurbahnen".

the main tracks of the "Brockenbahn" and the "Harzquerbahn" are tagged
with usage=tourism (btw. usage=tourism is not 100% correct for the
Harzquerbahn as this line is also used for regular public transport).

Currently the renderer does not show tracks that are tagged with
usage=tourism. There is a ticket for it
(https://github.com/rurseekatze/OpenRailwayMap/issues/40), but we have
not found a suitable color for these lines. I think as a first step, we will
render those lines in black in the next few days.

For your information: The main tracks are not rendered as crossover
tracks ("Überleitgleis"), they are not rendered on the overlay. It
appears that they are rendered as crossover tracks because of their
rendering in the basemap . Select "No background map" in the layer
selection to see this.

Regards
Alex