[openrailwaymap] Tag railway=station on ways and Wiki

Nzara nzaraosm at gmail.com
Thu May 19 07:28:23 MEST 2016

Hello Mauro,

concerning your questions

> Other question that came up was "why is it so important for that node
> to be unconnected with the railway track?"
>

> Can someone help me to know exactly why it's better tagging a
> "railway=station" with a node only?

I prefer the passengers view of a station or halt. If we will meet "at
the station" where are you expecting to find me? This is the position, I
usualy use for placing the railway=station node, definitly not on a
track. The track carries nodes like public_transport=stop_position.
Putting 'station' on a building or even a larger area leaves it to the
renderer or any other data consumer to guess the center of the station
from passenges view.

Cheers
Nzara