[openrailwaymap] [Talk-transit] Tag railway=station on ways and Wiki

Joachim noreply at freedom-x.de
Fri May 20 02:00:55 MEST 2016

Three additional remarks:
* There is an explanation about only nodes on the wiki, did you miss
it? (https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:railway%3Dstation): If
you want to map the station as an area, please consider that different
people describe the station area differently. While passengers only
have the area around the station building and the platforms in mind,
railway staff and railway enthusiasts think of the whole railway area
which begins at the entry signal at one side and ends at the entry
signals at the other side. Therefore to avoid tagging disputes and
editwars railway stations should only be mapped as nodes.
* I made an own section about "Distinction Between Halt and Station"
* Both the wiki pages Railway Stations and building=railway_station
mention to put railway=station on the building. I guess this should be
removed.

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Railway_stations
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:building%3Dtrain_station