[openrailwaymap] Signal beacons

Jeroen Wegdam jwegdam at me.com
Thu Jan 10 12:17:11 CET 2019

Dear community,

At the moment I’m about to add a bunch of (trackbound) signalling beacons to OSM, but I don’t see any documentation on the wiki. I’m referring to Eurobalises, PZB beacons and Crocodile/TBL beacons.

I can imagine that it is not very necessary to tag the beacons at PZB, but at ETCS level 2 there’s not much more to describe the signalling with.

My questions for the discussion:
• is anyone aware of how to tag this?
• if not: do we want to and should we render?

I propose to define a tagging system at least for Eurobalises and to render them as yellow dots/squares on top of the blue ETCS railway lines (perhaps with a reference number displaying at high zoom levels).

Best regards,
Jeroen