Am Donnerstag, den 03.03.2016, 23:16 +0100 schrieb Michael Reichert:
I would add two additional categories:
* Location and served areas: small stops where most trains (even
trains) do not stop apart form a few "alibi trains"  (usually in
early morning and/or late evening)
* Traffic: few regional trains stopping at every station
* Examples: Rosenberg (Baden), Rammingen (Württemberg), Unadingen
* Location and served areas: stops which are either only served by
irregular running historic trains on preserved lines or only on
* Traffic: only historic trains / anything between two trains per
and multiple per minute
* Examples: Gerstetten (?), Welzheim
 Usually two trains (one per direction) which only run to serve an
obligation of service (national railway companies are sometimes force
serve a line althought the do not really want it).
I think that we should not define too many categories for any special
type of station. I think that the difference between importance=low and
importance=local is too small to need a separate category.
The category importance=sometimes may be a good idea, but even here I
think that tagging those stations with importance=local provides enough
information for most purposes.
In my current draft at http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Rurseeka
tze/Station_Importance_Draft, I just extended the definition of
important=local with the aspects of importance=sometimes.